Not Just a Lawyer, Jonathan Cooper is Also a Father and Business Owner. That is Why We are Focused on Protecting You at Work and Your Kids at School
At the Law Offices of Jonathan M. Cooper, we believe in providing employees, business owners and parents of school children with good, solid and straightforward information that you can review in the comfort of your own office or home - before you even talk to a lawyer. Our FREE BOOKS and guides arm you, the general public, with the answers to a lot of the questions you already have - or should have - and then make better-informed decisions about a number of important topics, including the following:
- When Schools Fail to Protect Our Kids
- The Definitive Insider's Guide to Non-Compete Agreements in New York
- When You Don't Have a Written Agreement
- 3 Reasons Why Your Employment Agreement May Not Be Worth the Paper It's Printed On
- Why Most Accident Victims Do Not Recover the Full Value of Their Claim
- Why There Are So Few Successful Defective Products Lawsuit
Whether you are a small business trying to protect your legitmate business interests and confidential information, an employee looking to change jobs, or a parent whose child was injured at school or while in a camp or daycare setting and needs the assistance of an attorney, we promise to give you honest, straightforward, and ethical counsel. If you have a legitimate case, we'll tell you; and if you don't, we'll tell you that up front. Simply put, we believe that the beginning of every case should be evaluated with the end in mind -- and that you should be told at the outset what that end most likely looks like.
Our website is geared to answering some of the most important questions you may - or should - have about your employment, breach of contract or school negligence matter, including:
- Is my non-compete agreement enforceable under New York law?
- What's the worst that can happen if a New York court finds that my contract was breached?
- What mistakes do I need to avoid if my child was bullied, or injured, at school?
We don’t believe that the legal system is a tool for revenge, and we don’t believe that it should be used as a “lottery ticket” occasion for financial gain. We believe that the justice system is an important venue to protect innocent people’s interests against either ongoing or prospective harm, and that the courts are there to help people reach fair and equitable solutions to the problems of the past. In short, by availing themselves of our justice system, New Yorkers are able to resolve their issues honorably, and to move on with their lives in peace.
Likewise, if you have been injured in a car accident, hurt by a defective product, or injured in a slip and fall accident, we have the knowledge, experience, and evenhanded consideration to help you with your case. We will work with you not only to find a proper conclusion to your legal issues, but also to answer your questions and inform you of the particulars of your situation.
We are proud to say that for well over a decade, our dedication to handling cases in an honest and professional manner has helped us achieve excellent results for our clients
.Here are a few examples of our recent case results:
- Former employer's request for injunctive relief and damages regarding our client's non-compete denied
- Despite clear violation of his non-compete, client resolves claim by his former employer - for only $5,000
- A settlement during trial for a 30-year-old man who required neck surgery after a plumbing van cut off his car.
- A settlement for a woman whose lung collapsed after a slip and fall in a icy parking lot.
- A settlement during trial for a King County college student who lost part of a finger when a door closer malfunctioned.
- A settlement for a woman who suffered second degree burns when the handle of her brand new ceramic mug broke.
We Use Innovative Technology To Make Your Case More Efficient and More Cost-Effective
Moving a case forward through the New York Court system is a complicated process that involves a large amount of filings and paperwork that must strictly comply with the Courts’ rules. At the Law Offices of Jonathan M. Cooper, we strive to make this process as efficient and simple as possible. To do this, we have taken full advantage of technological advances that nearly no other New York law firms have integrated into their offices.
Over the past several years, we have transitioned to a largely paperless office that not only saves our clients time and money, but also gives us the advantage of having all of our documentation stored and transferred electronically. In addition, we believe that we are the only law firm in New York that files all of our state actions electronically, an innovation that expedites your case by weeks or months, and thereby also dramatically reduces the cost of clerical services.
We also offer a free e-book download and resources on our website that will help you understand some of the complexities of New York law and better inform you on the details of your particular case.
At the Law Offices of Jonathan M. Cooper, we value efficiency, innovation, honesty, and justice. We want the best for our clients, from giving them the information they need to understand their case to making sure that our office uses the newest technologies and strategies available to keep down costs and save you time. Don’t settle for an attorney who sees a case instead of an individual – let us guide you through your case and find a prompt and sensible resolution.
The Law Offices of Jonathan M. Cooper are located in Cedarhurst, New York, and serves the following areas: Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester and Staten Island.