In a real-life example of students taking legal action against colleges and universities for failing to provide what was promised to them, students at Mountain State University in West Virginia have filed more than a dozen lawsuits against the school. In the most recent filing, three of the University’s nursing students filed breach of contract claims alleging that the school falsely represented that it was accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) and West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses (WVBRN). Similarly, if you are a student at a college or university and feel that your school failed to uphold its end of an agreement, you may have a New York breach of contract claim. If you do have a potential claim, it is vital that you take action quickly.

What should you do if you suspect that your school has breached its agreement? The following are five helpful tips:
  1. Contact a New York business litigation lawyer immediately. The legal professional will evaluate the facts and circumstances surrounding your claim.
  2. Gather copies of all written documentation of the agreements with the school.
  3. Assemble supporting documentation that verifies you upheld your end of the agreement. This may include copies of grades, transcripts, and checks that demonstrate tuition payments were made on time and in full.
  4. Pull together any supporting evidence that documents any agreements that were not made in writing. To learn more about how contracts can exist even without written agreements, consult our free guide, When You Don’t Have a Written Agreement.
  5. Meet with your New York breach of contract attorney and outline an action to plan to avoid any statute of limitations issues.

For more information about what to do when you suspect a breach of contract, contact a New York breach of contract attorney today at (888) 497-3410 for a consultation.
Post A Comment