Although each case is different (and may have different requirements), two of the most commonly required forms are the MV-104 form, which must be filed within 10 days of the accident with the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles, and the NF-2 form, which should be filed with your no-fault insurer within the first 30 days after the auto accident.  Although you do not necessarily need legal help to complete these forms, if you are contemplating starting a personal injury lawsuit, you should have an attorney review these forms before submitting them to make sure that they portray your version of the car accident in the best possible light. 

Jonathan Cooper
Connect with me
Non-Compete, Trade Secret and School Negligence Lawyer