Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 497-3410
Phone: 516.791.5700
Law Offices of Jonathan M. Cooper

I was hurt when I tripped and fell over a defective roadway. How much time do I have to bring a claim?

In most municipalities, such as all boroughs in New York City, you have 90 days from the date of accident to file a Notice of Claim against the City of New York and its subsidiaries, such as the New York Department of Transportation, and one year and 90 days within which to start a formal lawsuit. If you fail to file these papers within the required time, your claim will almost certainly be denied.
Jonathan Cooper
Connect with me
Non-Compete, Trade Secret and School Negligence Lawyer