Breach of fiduciary duty claims in New York can be difficult to prove. In addition, these claims are subject to various time limitations for bringing a claim. With financial and other losses at stake, it is vital to contact an experienced New York breach of fiduciary duty lawyer to protect your legal rights.
To succeed in a breach of fiduciary claim, you will need to demonstrate with clear, compelling evidence that the other party owed you a fiduciary duty and breached that duty, resulting in harm. Examples of the types of evidence that may be involved with a breach of fiduciary duty action include:
- Expert testimony to establish what the standard of care is, for example with legal malpractice
- Evidence that supports the alleged fiduciary relationship between the parties, such as a listing agreement or other contract
- Documentation of communications between the parties
- Evidence of financial losses caused by the alleged breach
- Evidence of emotional harm caused by the alleged breach
These items represent just a few of the many ways in which your attorney will help to build your case. Since a true breach of fiduciary duty can result in substantial losses to your family, it is important to call a professional right away. While the outcome of your claim will ultimately depend on the unique facts and circumstances surrounding your matter, an experienced New York breach of fiduciary duty attorney can help you to assess your options. For more information about this and other business litigation matters, all our office today at (888) 497-3410.