Q: What evidence will support my claim for a breach of services contract in New York?
Bringing a breach of contract action in New York requires the assistance of a legal professional familiar with the laws and issues surrounding these claims. Claims involving breach of services contracts have additional complexities that a New York business litigation lawyer can help you to address when bringing a lawsuit. When preparing your potential claim, your attorney will consider and analyze the evidence surrounding your contract.
In a recent lawsuit, TV star Mario Lopez was sued for breach of contract after failing to show up for appearances outlined under an agreement between himself and his promoter. To support his claim, the promoter may produce evidence of the following:
- The agreement between the parties was in writing and executed by both parties.
- Lopez agreed to make the appearances on a specified date.
- Lopez agreed to make the appearances at a specified location.
- Lopez was paid his agreed upon fee.
- Lopez did not have an excusable reason under the contract for failing to live up to his obligations.
- The promoter suffered a specified amount of damages that are directly tied to Lopez’s failure to make the appearances.
Since state law imposes statutes of limitations for breach of contract actions, it is vital that you seek the guidance of a knowledgeable legal professional as soon as possible. To learn more about what to do when a party breaches a services contract, contact a New York business litigation attorney today. Call our office at (888) 497-3410 for a consultation.