When you enter into an agreement with an employer, typically you expect that the employer will uphold its obligations under the contract. Unfortunately, this is not always the case, even if your employer is a famous singer. For example, Courtney Love was recently sued by her former assistant for breach of her employment agreement. If you find yourself in this situation, it is vital that you contact an experienced New York breach of contract attorney for guidance. After reviewing the facts and circumstances surrounding your claim, your legal professional will assist you with the following:
- Determining whether you were an employee at will.
- Assessing whether your employment agreement was a valid and binding contract.
- Calculating how much you were owed under the terms of the agreement.
- Assessing whether you had a duty to mitigate damages.
- Gathering evidence that shows the employer failed to fulfill its obligations under the contract.
- Assembling evidence that shows you successfully fulfilled your obligations under the agreement.
For more information about employment agreements and the details surrounding bringing claims against employers, view our free guide, 3 Reasons That Your Employment Agreement May Not Be Worth The Paper It’s Printed On. This guide will provide an overview of your rights, the relevant New York contract laws, and available courses of action.
To learn more about an employer’s failure to fulfill its obligations under an employment agreement—as well as other business litigation matters—contact a New York business litigation lawyer today at (888) 497-3410 for a free consultation.