If the party to your New York contract has failed to complete his obligations at the end of the contract term, you may have a potential breach of contract claim. A successful breach of contract lawsuit could result in an award for monetary damages as a result of the delay. Since winning this type of claim requires knowledge of the New York contract laws and close attention to timelines and the details of the contract, it is vital that you seek guidance from a knowledgeable legal professional. Consider taking the following actions when the contract term has expired:
- Contact an experienced New York breach of contract lawyer right away. Breach of contract claims are subject to time limitations. A delay in bringing your claim could potentially result in you losing the ability to win the lawsuit.
- Obtain a copy of the contract and all amendments or modifications.
- Gather copies of any written correspondence pertaining to the delay.
- Consult with your attorney before opting to stop fulfilling any of your outstanding obligations under the agreement.
- Obtain evidence that documents your fulfillment of your obligations under the contract.
Certain circumstances may have caused the failure to complete the obligations that do not result in a breach of the agreement. In the alternative, the failure to complete the obligations within the allotted period may be a strong indicator of a breach. To learn more about bringing a breach of contract claim, contact a New York business litigation attorney today. Call our office at (888) 497-3410 for a consultation.