This school negligence claim certainly takes the cake, as far as I'm concerned, for being a headline grabber.
On a dare, a student taking an electrical trades class hooks up the electrodes to his own chest, and then gets a terrible shock which causes him serious personal injuries: his heart stopped, and may now have permanent brain damage.
Granted, at first blush I think this case lacks merit. After all, if you're a high school student, and you know that electricity can turn on lights in a room, you should have an appreciation that it can hurt you. There is one interesting wrinkle to this case, though: apparently, the teacher may have been the one daring the student to hook up the electrodes to his body.
And, if you're dealing with a peer-pressured high school student, perhaps the school can be held negligent.
Category: School Negligence / Personal Injury
There are no comments.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "What Could Be Going On In Your Child's School"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."